We would like to make this article super simple, and we can say that there are grants where you can apply alone as an organization or project team such as EIC (European Innovation Council), Marie-Sklodowska Curie Grants, cascade funding (these are small grants for startups, innovative SMEs or teams inside organizations. These grants come from a funded grant which has created pilots opportunities with vouchers or funding for experiments), EIT programs and accelerators, InvestEU (private investment for projects), DIH (Digital Innovation Hubs) funding for pilots and other new hubs which are creating lately such as the DataHubs, etc.
As individual researchers you can apply to the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie grant, to other public organizations such European Space Agency where they have a specific portal, and the European Research Council.
In the other side, you can become an expert evaluator at the European Commission and you can check here where experts are needed.
Links to the application portals:
- STARTUPS: EIC applications: https://accelerator.eismea.eu/login?ReturnUrl=%2F
- STARTUPS: Cascade funding: different websites, FS6, fundingbox, Collabwith.
- STARTUPS: EIT Accelerators: different websites from each EITs-KIC (Innovation Clusters from the European Commission): EIT Jumpstarter, Climate KIC grants, Climate KIC startup program, Climate KIC funding, EIT Raw Materials accelerator, Raw Materials Booster, EIT Manufacturing BoostUp, Women in Manufacturing, EIT Manufacturing program, EIT Health Catapult, EIT Health Bootcamps, EIT Food Accelerator, EIT Digital Innovation Factory, EIT Digital Venture Program, EIT Digital Accelerator, EIT Digital Challenge, EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator, EIT Urban Mobility ScaleTHENGlobal, EIT InnoEnergy Highway startup program, EIT InnoEnergy BoostWay, InnoEnergy Investment Round.
- STARTUPS: DIH: Portal with the Digital Innovation Hubs in Europe.
- RESEARCHERS & STARTUPS: European Space Agency: Challenge portal.
- SMEs: Cascade funding: different websites, FS6, fundingbox, Collabwith.
- STARTUPS AND SMEs: InvestEU program.
- RESEARCHERS: Marie-Sklodowska-Curie MSCA: tender portal,
- European Research Council.
- CONSORTIUM INDUSTRY: Eureka-Eurostars programs, Erasmus + program, NextGenerationEU exceptional funds.
- CONSORTIUM RESEARCH: European Research Council,
- CONSORTIUM INDUSTRY-RESEARCH: Horizon Europe, NextGenerationEU exceptional funds.
At Collabwith, we are supporting you to find your best European grant to apply, to create consortiums, from searching partners to support you in writing proposals. But also, you can go directly to our Marketplace to post your search, and find calls to apply.
Which Questions Do you Have to ask yourself before looking for your perfect Grant match?
- What type of funding are you looking for? Innovation (go to market, adoption) , Research (deep research, discovery) or Consortium (sharing knowledge and applied research)?
- Which are the sectors, domains and industry you are interested to apply your project, idea and organization?
- How is your legal situation? Are you ready to co-create and share ownership of patents and intellectual property, or how do you handle legal and ethical issues?
- What is the impact would you like to make with the European funding? Do you have a storyline where you explain the benefits for the society, industry and future of Europe?
- Do you have preferred partners? As well, you have to be strategic about with whom you are collaborating.
- How many resources do you have to participate in a consortium? Some calls, you need to add funds from your organization and you have to have clear team members capable to make the project happen.
- Make a first one-page description of your organization and team, with the services and products you provide to the consortium, and how you would like to contribute to the European projects.
And as a quick note, don’t underestimate the preparation of the proposals and the leadership needed to make the consortium group as a real team that it’s high performing. Here, Collabwith again can help you to create a high-performing collaboration team for innovation and research. Check here our workshops.
Q&A Video Interviews about the Horizon Europe and EIC and how to apply:
Collabwith is a technology and a service to structure collaboration for innovation. It’s a tool to connect academics-startups-organizations. Because a tool is not enough to transform how you collaborate, here we have created a new methodology, personalized trainings, a new way of communication and a tailored made consulting for you to be more effective and efficient, now.
Grow your business and innovation through smart collaborations with Collabwith innovative and holistic approach to collaboration.
Check all calls, and innovation funding opportunities on our Marketplace: https://platform.collabwith.co/marketplace
Do you want to know more? Book a demo with us, Contact us here.